HIPAA Privacy Statement for Sierra Meadows Behavioral Health
At Sierra Meadows Behavioral Health, we are committed to maintaining the privacy and protection of your personal health information as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Uses and Disclosures of Health Information
We use health information about you for treatment, to obtain payment for treatment, for administrative purposes, and to evaluate the quality of care that you receive. We will not disclose your information to others unless you tell us to do so, or unless the law authorizes or requires us to do so.
Your Health Information Rights
You have the right to:
- Request a restriction on certain uses or disclosures of your information.
- Obtain a paper copy of the notice of information practices upon request.
- Inspect and obtain a copy of your health record.
- Request to amend your health record.
- Obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information.
- Request communications of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations.
- Revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken.
- Our Responsibilities
Sierra Meadows Behavioral Health is required to:
- Maintain the privacy of your health information.
- Provide you with this notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we collect and maintain about you.
- Abide by the terms of this notice.
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction.
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health information by alternative means or at alternative locations.
- We reserve the right to change our practices and to make the new provisions effective for all protected health information we maintain. Should our information practices change, we will provide you with a revised notice.
For More Information or to Report a Problem
If you have questions or would like additional information, you may contact the administrative office of Sierra Meadows Behavioral Health. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you can file a complaint with the administrative office or with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.